Saturday, December 13, 2008

Little Sister is GROWING!!

Well, to begin with, that second front tooth popped through yesterday afternoon after I posted yesterdays blog, so it does certainly look like we're going to have two front teeth for Christmas here!
Phil's work Christmas party was last night and it was for grown-ups only so we left Kyra with Chip and Angi for the evening (they claim she behaved herself) and got to go out with just us! It was fun and dinner was yummy, although I think I should have eaten more ahead of time because by the time dinner was served I was really hungry! I forget sometimes how much of what I eat a tiny little growing person as little sister sucks up! We're 23 weeks along today and I'm already sick of baggy maternity clothes so I decided to dress up last night. Kyra and I went "junking" at Salvation Army and found an empire waisted stretch green velvet dress and a sweater that closed with just a hook and eye at the top. Although neither was maternity, I think it worked and am just really hoping that it conveyed more of a "pregnant" vibe than a "chubby and my dress is too small" vibe.
Kyra was exhausted when we got home and finally got her in bed (after 10!) and barely made a peep all night. She even slept in until nine this morning and would have slept later if I hadn't gotten her up! We can't let her throw her schedule off completely. :) She was in a good mood all morning and is napping now. It took her 45 minutes of chatting with her teddy bear to decide to go to sleep for nap, so she can't be TOO tired after last night!

No comments: