Sunday, November 23, 2008

10 Months Already!!!


So Kyra was officially ten months old on wednesday. It's amazing how much she's changed in the past month! She's gone from pretty much doing just rice crackers and thick baby food to eating 75% of her food herself! (For example, tonight for dinner she had chicken nuggets, peas, carrots & cheerios!) She's crawling now and getting faster every day. She gives very food fives when she feels like it and has officially learned what "no" means. Tonight she actually ASKED me for a kiss for the first time instead of me asking her for one (Phil saw it too so it wasn't just wishful thinking). Now if we could just convince her to give kisses with her mouth CLOSED we'd be doing good! She's also getting very good at sitting with us to read. We get books out of the library which works out great. Free books, lots of variety and when she fixates on one it's no big deal because eventually it's due to go back! We put holds on a bunch that have dog in the title and one of them is called "My Dog, My Cat, My Mama and Me". It turns out it's about the dog, the cat and the mama all getting pregnant and having 2 puppies, 3 kittens and 4 baby brothers. Kyra just LOVES that book and wants to read it over and over and look under all the "peek" flaps at the puppies, kittens and babies. It's very simple and now I have it memorized. Boy will I be glad when that one goes back and I no longer have to read about Mama getting fatter and fatter!

No comments: