Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Doctors Appts

Recently, both little sister and the Bean have had doctor's appointments so I'm updating on those. :)

Kyra's one year appointment was on the 7th. I was amazed at how good she was!!!! The only time she fussed at all was when she got her shots (four of them poor thing!) She was 28 1/2 inches long and weighed 17lbs on the button. Her doctor (who is GREAT) is wanting to watch her weight closely over the next two appointments (at 15 months and 18 months) as Kyra's weight has dropped off the normal weight chart by just a tiny bit. She's not TOO concerned though because it seems like Kyra has Phil's metabolism and is just gaining slowly. The doctor feels that her birthweight was possibly a little higher than it should have been due to maternal environment and that things will even out this next year. She's definitely growing upwards and her head is growing, she's active and has hit all her developmental markers on schedule too. As long as Kyra gets on a normal growth curve next year, she doesn't care if she gets back up on the chart or not. The doctor has us working on incorporating more high calorie foods into her diet so that she can get the calories she needs to keep up with her metabolism without having to be eating ALL day. Right now we're doing Carnation Instant Breakfast/Boost daily and working on transitioning her over to whole milk from the formula.

Little Sister's appointment was on monday (the 19th) and everything looks pretty good. Her heartrate was right on and she held nice and still for the doctor to listen to it, something Kyra NEVER did! My tummy is measuring a little ahead so they're going to do another ultrasound at our next appointment in 3 week (oh darn, we get to see LS again!) and then they'll do one more towards the end of the pregnancy. We're not too concerned as I was measuring ahead with Kyra too at one point and she wasn't huge, just a little on the big side at birth. I had my second one hour glucose tolerance test too and am really hoping that either I pass and don't have to take the three hour test that I had to take with Kyra, or that I fail SO miserably that the dr. is willing to just go ahead and say I have gestational diabetes and need to do the GD diet and monitor my sugars. Honestly I wouldn't care which at this point, I just really don't want to have to take the three hour as last time it made me feel SO awful and drained for a couple days after.

Since I don't really have pictures relating to doctor's appointments, instead I'll put up pictures of Kyra having spaghetti for the first time on sunday night. :)

No comments: