Monday, January 26, 2009

Hairstyles of the Short and Wiggly

Kyra has officially graduated from having ONE hairstyle that works to two. She finally has enough hair and long enough hair that I can pull it up into pig-tails instead of just one spiky ponytail without feeling like I'm yanking it super tight or giving her and instant facelift. So now, she's gone from only having the option of Little-Cindy-Lou-Who hair to keep it out of her face to being able to wear Cindy Brady hair too. :) I've found a couple of really neat blogs about little girls hairstyles lately and I can't wait until she really has enough to play with. One of the women even has some "baby" styles up and I don't think it will be too long until I can do those with Kyra. I'm hoping that if I keep pinning her down to get her hair fixed every day she'll get used to it and be more tolerant of it as she gets older and we'll never have to chop off the length just for convenience sake. She's already better about it than she used to be when we first started pulling it up. These pictures were from the end of the day Sunday so she's a little dissheveled but you get the idea. :)












I had Phil take a couple pictures of how much I'm showing with Little Sister now after the business party at church on friday (should have done it before when I looked a bit more put together... but I forgot.) I don't know if it's just the whole second pregnancy thing of if she is trying to take up as much space as possible but I swear, my tummy looks the same now as it did in the maternity portraits that Amy took last year when we were 8 1/2 months pregnant with Kyra!! I'll post one of those too for comparison.


No comments: