Monday, March 09, 2009

35 Week Appointment with Little Sister


I had my 35 week appt today and will be going to weekly appts now. Phil wasn't able to be there as he forgot and volunteered to work today (normally his day off) for a special project but it wasn't a big appt or anything so no big deal, although, this is the first time in a couple months that it took the OB more than a few seconds to get little sister's heartbeat on the doppler and of course it was the appt without Phil! She was just being stubborn though and popped up after a minute or two. My cervix is still pretty far back, but I'm dilated to 3 cm already! Baby is low and head down with her head right on my cervix. In fact, she had her hand up on her head and when the dr. was checking me she could feel her little fingers. smile.gif My OB said she was shaking hands to say hello! Hopefully this means that we'll go into labor on our own before hitting the April 1st induction date (which she said was fine for a date, 38 1/2 weeks is enough with my cervix already ripening.) I'm praying though that we can make it to March 21st as that will be 37 weeks and I'll just feel better about baby coming then. It does look like we're going to skip the whole 1st stage of labor again though since it's 0-4 cm! She was looking at when to schedule another ultrasound to check little Sister's size and decided to schedule it for NEXT week since she thinks we may or may not be pregnant 2 weeks out!

No comments: