Monday, April 13, 2009

Little Sister's first Easter!!!

Easter started pretty early at our house this year since there were THREE ladies to get ready! Kyra was nice enough to sleep in some so Paige and I got to shower and eat before she was up and then Phil gave Bean her breakfast while I dressed Paige. Kyra was great when it was her turn to get ready, she even let me really FIX her hair for the first time ever! I can't believe how patient she was. She didn't get antsy until the very end so she did have sort of and odd spikey ponytail sticking out of the back that kept coming untucked since she didn't let me secure it down at all. :) The hairstyle stayed in really well though, even through nap so I think we may have a fix to keep the hair out of her face until the front part grows out a little more, at least on days when she'll let me do this! We were ready to go on time, but I wasn't quite as ready as I would have liked! It seems like no matter what time we start getting ready, I always run out of time for getting MY hair, makeup, etc. the way I'd like them to be! I'm guessing it's going to be that way for many years to come.
When we got to church, several of our friends little girls were in the sanctuary "visiting" with each other while their parents talked and Phil let Kyra down to play with them. She was just SO thrilled to be down running around with the other girls, she's finally big enough to (sort of) keep up. They were all so cute in their Easter dresses, just like a bunch of little flowers! Paige did great during service again, slept right through. She's good company for me to since this is Phil's ushering month and he sits at the door throughout service.




























After church we all came home and had a nap (well, everyone but me had a nap). Phil's nap got cut a little short when Kyra got up and decided it was time for him to get up too. :) We went to Shari's for dinner around four thirty which was the perfect time as the restaurant was almost empty. Kyra was very patient at the restaurant and lots of fun even if her table manners still do leave something to be desired and Paige slept right through the meal while all the waitresses fawned over them. We had lemonade pie when we got home that I'd made during naptime (so easy and SOOO yummy) and Kyra "hunted" Easter eggs on the livingroom floor after she got her jammies on. She was more interested in figuring out how to open and close the eggs than picking them up, but she had fun!

No comments: