Saturday, April 11, 2009

Thousand Oaks/Sandy River Delta

Since yesterday was Phil's last day home before going back to work and because it was pretty decent outside we decided to load everyone up and head to the dog park. Kyra had SO much fun and I was surprised at just how well the stroller goes over the gravel paths there, even with two in it. I love how easy it is for Paige to nap laying back all the way without interfering with the other seat, even when we have the shades up! It is a bit of work to get two kids and two dogs loaded in the car and harnessed, but for the most part everyone was fairly cooperative and I'm sure we'll get used to it. Echo has decided that riding in the car with his chin resting on the side of Paige's carseat is the best way to go and Paige seemed to agree since she stopped fussing once he did that on the way home. I felt great after the long walk but the grocery shopping trip afterwards may have been a bit too much as I was a little tired out by the time we got home.
Today is my first day at home all day with both girls. Bean was pretty crabby all morning and I was assuming she was just missing having her dad home and not liking sharing the only parent around but after she took a two hour plus nap I decided it was probalby mostly just that she was TIRED. Little sister was a good girl all day, just a hungry one. :) She eats like Kyra and Dad, frequently and lots! It will be interesting to see if she leans out like Kyra has and has Phil's metabolism or if she stays bigger and chubby like Mama. I'm really hoping for her sake that she takes after Phil, wouldn't it be frustrating to have to constantly watch what you ate when your sister could eat as much of whatever she wanted and be slim?

No comments: