Thursday, July 31, 2008

It's a BIG Tub Mama!

So lately Kyra has suddenly decided that not only does she not LIKE baths, but she's acting down right afraid of them! All I have to do is take her into the little bathroom where her baby tub is in a diaper or less and she just bursts out screaming. She'll still do showers, but sometimes I just want to shower alone. In order to help try to get her over her fear of water or whatever it is that's making her nervous I decided to try taking her in the big bathtub today and that seemed to help a lot. She was pretty nervous at first, but there was no screaming and once she adjusted she even let me show her how she could float a little with me holding the important bits out of the water and how she could splash. She even liked when the water spiraled down the drain and tickeled her toes! No drain fears for this kiddo. I'd like to get her in the parent-child swim class over at Mt. Hood but she's not eligible until she's 8 months old. It will be interesting to see how she does in the big hotel pool when my family is here in September!

No comments: