Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Look Baby, No Hands!

Today we ran all over Gresham comparison shopping non-allergen (no grain/alternative protein) dog foods for Echo and then went to Wal-Mart to do some shopping there. We hit the feed store first but they couldn't beat the other prices we'd already checked out so then we went to Petco and found one to try that was more affordable and all natural to boot. (Natural Balance Potato & Duck if anyone is looking for a dog food...) Kyra did so great bopping in and out of the carseat and her wrap! She even took nice naps in the car in between stores. When we got the dogfood at Petco I settled on one after looking at all of them and carried it up to the check-out. It was a 30 lb bag so not tiny but not huge either. While I was waiting for the cashier to finish with the woman ahead of us another employee stopped next to the register and told me he'd be right back to carry that out for me! I said no, it was fine and we could handle it but he said he'd get it because I "had my hands full" which I thought was funny since Kyra was in her wrap so both hands were free and I had managed to carry it up and put it on the register counter just fine! Anyway, he insisted on carrying it out so we let him. Silly people don't realize just how much Kyra and I can accomplish by ourselves!

No comments: