Friday, February 15, 2008

Mama's Sick.:(

So after our Valentine's Day "date" last night, (we had dinner out) we came home and went to bed at 8:30 p.m. as Phil was exhausted and I still felt like I was getting a cold. Sure enough, by 11:30p.m. when Kyra was up for the first time I was coughing and sneezing so much, I kept scaring Phil awake! Kyra and I moved out to the couch so that he (and hopefully I since I could sit up a little more) could get some rest. Well, Kyra promptly slept for 5 1/2 hours. I think that might be her longest stretch yet! Sadly, I know she slept straight through because I was feeling crummy and was awake for all of it.
This morning I was exhausted so we abandon our grand plans of a trip to the mall to look for a pair of jeans on clearance for me since I'm down to one pair that fits decent and instead we mostly just hung out in bed trying to stay hydrated. I think I'll feel better when I'm not so congested. I'm VERY limited in how much and what kinds of decongestant I can use because it can affect milk supply so I did a half dose of Afrin nasal spray when Phil got home and that seems to have helped some at least. Thankfully, Kyra is NOT showing any signs of getting sick! PTL!!!! No fever, no real fussiness today, no stuffy/runny nose.
The "shirt" she has on today is actually one of my very first baby dresses! It was one I wore when I was a NEW newborn and originally had little rhumba bloomers. Those have been lost over the years of me dressing my dolls in it, and I think that even with bloomers it might be too short for her (comes barely past her belly button!) but it makes a pretty cute baby-doll top, don't you think?

No comments: