Wednesday, February 06, 2008

SLEEP NEEDED!!






So Last night, Kyra was up for almost 4 hours starting at 1a.m. I took her out to the couch eventually so Phil could get some rest since he had to be up for work and I eventually dozed off there with her napping on my chest around 4:45. Phil woke us up at 7:30 when he went to work and we caught another couple hours of sleep after she was changed and had breakfast but we really need to figure out how to get her to sleep at night instead! Otherwise, I did get a lot more done today than I had been as she was in a good mood or napping for a good share of the day so that's good.
She is finally deciding that when she's wanting to suck on something, maybe the bink is alright, which is great as it means I get to use my fingers for other things. She'll only take the soothie from the hospital though, not the other binks we bought and that's a problem because it means that as soon as she starts to relax, her nose pushes the bink out of her mouth before she's ready. The couple times she's used the others this hasn't been an issue because of the nose cutout, but she doesn't like those! So I ordered her some "gumdrop" binks that are shaped like the soothie nipples but have a nose cutout. We'll see how she does with those! We are still trying to stick to binks mostly only for nighttime and in the car but I've been letting her have it for naps sometimes to try to get her used to using it!
She got 2 packages in the mail today, a quilt from her Aunt Jackie on my side and a package from Chris with a stuffed Pooh & Piglet and two of the most adorable pairs of pink and white baby tennis shoes! I love baby shoes! :D

No comments: